Friday, February 7, 2014

Journaling.... my own personal therapy

I'm back to journaling!  I haven't taken a pen to paper, when it didn't involve something homeschool related, in many years.  It is unbelievable how therapeutic journaling is!! I bought a really nice journal, a fancy new pen, and sat down at my desk and just sat.... and just sat.... and just sat.  I was thinking, "What in the world am I going to write about?"  That was the same question I asked myself years ago when I journaled for the very first time.  I had to remind myself what I did then...... I just started writing. And I wrote anything that I felt like, whatever moved me, whatever popped in my head. Once I started, I just kept going and going.  When I got finished, or should I say, when I got a cramp in my hand, I looked back and had written 7 pages! And boy, did that feel good.

My conversation with my journal went from my love of my family to the up and downs of the homeschooling year, my feelings toward family and certain people, relationships/friendships that have grown and some that have run their course, the remodeling of our kitchen, the craziness in the world, the stability of my family, my parents health.... I wrote about things I didn't even realize were heavy on my mind or making me very happy, or making me think just how blessed I am.

Now, if I can just get 'that feeling' about blogging again!  Why does blogging feel like such a chore? Some people do it so effortlessly and I'm a tad bit envious.  So, I'm going to do better!

Living Life in Laughter


No comments:

Post a Comment